Sunday, May 27, 2007

Entrepreneurial Confidence

"The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible." - Richard M. Devos

Last month I read, but can no longer find the link, about T. Boone Pickens saying that he never worried about losing it all, because he knew he would make it all back again in a subsequent venture. The article noted that this was a common attitude of entrepreneurs.

Separately, I confirmed this confidence with one of my college roommates who is an entrepreneur. While there are many peaks and troughs in the business, he is very confident that the peaks will come.

I admire that confidence of entrepreneurs. It's a level of confidence that I have yet to achieve. For me, I am never "sure" that I have win. I tend to think, "This could be a win," and I am never sure when it will happen. A mindset change for me is to build the entrepreneurial confidence and know that I can hit it big, more than once:-)

For more on New Beginnings , check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2007 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: