Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Performance Of Stock Picks By The Pros

Sometimes I wonder how stock recommendations by the professional pickers do. Recently, I came across the beta site TrackthePros.com which lists buy and sell recommendations by various investors, fund managers, newsletters, and analysts, showing the pick and relative performance versus the S&P 500. Unfortunately, the results seem to be open ended and do not show when a pro officially closes out a position.

However, I still found the data interesting. I have briefly skimmed through some of the results. Based on the limited data shared, I didn't see any pro that had recommendations I would be comfortable following on a regular basis.

For more on Ideas You Can Use, check back every Tuesday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2008 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: