Sunday, December 21, 2008

Design Changes and Content Renewal

Over the weekend, My Wealth Builder was updated to the New Blogger Layout design. Although, I had converted to New Blogger in January, 2007, I waited almost two years to convert to the new editing templates, since previously I was unable to keep both the 3-column format and the blog aesthetics. However, I recently found a solution and did the conversion in a few hours over the weekend.

Hopefully, regular readers didn't have any difficulty in accessing My Wealth Builder in the last two days.

Design Changes

The changes are minor, with an improved blogroll, a compression of the archives section, and the addition of labels.

I have combined Regular Reads, Personal Finance Friends, Investors Blog Network blogrolls into a single section of My Blog List, with the feature of showing the most recent post and listingthe blogs in order by recency of posting activity. I like this feature since I can quickly check if I want to read an article by a blogger on my list.

The archives section has been getting long, since My Wealth Builder has been publishing for over two years. With New Blogger layouts, I've been able to compress the archive section to a drop down menu.

Finally, I've been able to add a Labels section for readers who would like to see a group of posts covering the same topic. I've listed the labels by frequency in descending order. I haven't used this feature when reading other blogs, and may drop it if readers do not find it beneficial.

Content Renewal

In reviewing My Wealth Builder's content, I realized that it has evolved to spending a large proportion on the stock market and investing, reflecting my recent personal finance focus areas. This was not the original intent of the blog when I redesigned it in 2007. Here's the schedule of topics, with descriptions from that post:


MondayStrategy and Execution - This segment is about my objectives, goals, plans and implementation for building wealth.
TuesdayIdeas You Can Use - This segment will include tips, techniques, or current deals that are in the market. A regular article will be a "Carnivals to Read This Week" post with a My Wealth Builder Carnival pick.

Wednesday

The Practice of Personal Finance - This segment will cover habits and practices that I believe are important for success. Topics such as Mastery of Financial Concepts, Career, and Education will be part of this section.
ThursdayCrossing Generations - This segment covers personal finance topics related to my parents (e.g. inheritances, caring for the elderly) and my children (e.g teaching good financial practice, estate planning.)
FridayReaping the Rewards - This segment will be about preparing for and then enjoying retirement. This section will also be about about stewardship - where we manage and enjoy the rewards of our wealth.
SaturdayReflections and Musings - This segment is intended to give me the opportunity to write about a wide variety of topics, including reviews, op-eds, human interest stories, and humorous observations.
SundayNew Realities and New Beginnings - This segment is about being agile as the dynamics of personal finance, career success, and the global marketplace are creating rapid change. This segment will include philosophies, strategies, tips and techniques for managing and staying ahead of change.


In 2009, I will be publishing more content related to these topics and a lower percentage related to the stock market.


For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2008 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: