Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Seriously Busy Sunday

Before taking early retirement in October, 2007, I would use Sundays to relax and prepare for the upcoming work week. I tried not to do too much, so as to not stress myself during the weekend. Now that we're retired, I have the flexibility to be very busy on a Sunday. Today was an example of what Sundays may be like in the future:

  • 7:00 AM - Doubles tennis in a casual tennis league of neighbors and friends. 7:00 AM on Sundays was a time most people could commit to being available, barring vacation or being out of town for business.
  • 10:30 AM - Church
  • 12:00 PM - Family picnic for church members.
  • 2:00 PM - Volunteer work at local park for a naturalist presentation. Our daughter and her friends participated also.
  • 5:00 PM - Soccer lessons.
  • 7:00 PM - Post season soccer team party.
  • 8:30 PM - Put daughter to bed and free time for parents.
  • Prior to retirement, I would only firmly commit to going to church on Sundays. Now I wonder how I had time to work before I retired :-)

    For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

    This is not financial or retirement advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

    Copyright © 2009 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

    No comments: