Thursday, June 25, 2009

An Unscientific Poll on Facebook, MySpace and Twitter

Recently, I showed up ahead of schedule for an appointment. Since most of the staff were in their late teens to early twenties, I decided to make use of my extra time and interview them about social networking sites. Specifically, I asked them whether they preferred Facebook or MySpace. Their answer was Facebook, because MySpace was better for younger (i.e. high school) kids. None of them used Twitter. They didn't understand the appeal of Twitter and didn't plan to use it.

Based on this unscientific poll of five people in their late teens and early twenties, I'm betting Facebook will be the winner. Being a social networking laggard, I haven't yet signed up for any social networking services other than blogging. However, based on this non-representative poll that I did, I will consider opening a Facebook account.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.

This is not financial or social networking advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2009 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

Tom said...

I found facebook before I found blogging,It is amazing.I have reconnected with friends I haven't seen in twenty years.you see pictures of them and catch up on their lives.It is alot of fun.