Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #13

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.

2006

Speed Up Debt Elimination with Just $5 per Day - Here’s how much impact $5 a day (~$150/month) can have on debt reduction.

Five Ways to Be Frugal While Building Wealth - For me, being frugal means cutting back on the unnecessary items and saving money on those that I need.

Protecting Your Wealth – Insure Against the Risk of Financial Disaster - Insurance is an excellent way to protect against major negative events and the potential resulting financial disaster.

2007

Lifestyle Inflation Choices - Here are some of the choices we made.

Taking Courses To Explore Retirement Opportunities - Here are the courses that I took in 2007 and how I saw them applying to retirement.

Protection For IRAs From Creditors - There is unlimited protection for IRA rollovers from qualified retirement plans and up to one million dollars for contributory IRAs.

Personal Finance Lessons For Our Daughter - Here are the first two lessons I wanted to give my daughter who was three at the time.

Our Journey To Financial Freedom #6 - Staying The Course - The sixth in the financial freedom series.

2008

Exceptions that Avoid Penalties for Early Retirement Plan Distributions - If an early withdrawal is needed from a retirement plan, check if one of the exceptions to the 10% can be applied.

2009

Opportunity to Pay Zero Federal Income Tax in 2010 - The child tax credit, making work pay credit and saver's credit may reduce our federal income tax to zero in 2010.


To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and were worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, debt reduction, liifestyle, parenting or tax advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: