Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #15

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.

2006

How Much to Save for Your Child's College Education - For us, our calculated value is about $10,000 per year.

Developing My Will to Avoid Debt - Here is the mind hack I use.

Paying Off a Home Mortgage Earlier - This was my analysis of the reduction time versus the increase in monthly payment.

Adoptions – Tax Credits and Income Exclusions - Adoption can expensive and tax credits can help reduce the cost.

My Top Ten Financial Reasons to Be Thankful - From Thanksgiving 2006.

2007

Capitalizing On The Internet Revolution - The agricultural, the industrial and now the Internet Revolution.

Avoiding Wash Sales While Taking Losses For Stock Investments - The IRS won't let investors buy stock within 30 days of selling the same stock for a loss. Here's how I avoid the issue.

Giving Thanks To My Parents - I'm glad I able to say "thanks" to my parents.

Our Journey To Financial Freedom #8 - My Personal Finance Mind Tricks - The eighth in the financial freedom series.

2008

Inflation or Deflation - What's Next? - I decided to buy TIPS as a hedge against inflation

2009

What We Learned from the Financial Crisis - The financial crisis of 2008 to 2009 has helped us clarify our thinking on our retirement investments.

Not Aging Gracefully - Getting old definitely isn't for wimps :-)

I Believe these Events are Inevitable - Out of four predictions, one has happened and the other three are still possible.

Why I Don't Shop on Black Friday - Nor will I shop on Thanksgiving day in 2010.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and were worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, investing, tax, parenting or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

SM R said...

Yours is an amazing blog. really love it. I will be going through your "how you prepared for your retirement" bit next.