Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Timeless Articles from the Archives #18

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" that will highlight posts from the same week in 2006-2009.


2006

The Secret to Success – Good Decisions - Here's a great anecdote from the book Liar's Poker.

Making College Part of a Wealth Building Plan - Here’s how I will advise my children on using a college education for building wealth.

My Parental Responsibility - Be a Great Role Model - A post on financial practices I plan to model for our daughter.



2007

Wealth Building - A Family Project - Building wealth definitely requires teamwork.


2008

How I Use Put Options - Here's my strategy for using put options.

Older and Slower - This is one reason I am working to simplify our personal finances.


2009

A Return from the Abyss - The stock market rebound from the March 2009 low was a reminder to have faith in the U.S. economy.

Options to Avoid Outliving Our Savings - These were some of my thoughts of ensuring we have enough funds in retirement.

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and were worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, investing, education, parenting, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2010 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: