Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #28

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" and am highlighting posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

Why Aren't We All Wealthy (Yet) ? - Here are four reasons that I think we are not all wealthy yet.

Stages Of A Career - Some thought on where one should be at different ages.

An AMT Tax Benefit - Really - This onerous does have one small benefit: not having to claim a state or local tax refund as income in the subsequent year.


2008

Tax Season Humor: A Simple Tax Return - A look at a very simple tax return :-)

Asia: The Next Land Of Opportunity? - It isn't obvious to me that the United States will maintain being the land of opportunity in the 21st century.

Stressful Personal Finance Situations We Like To Avoid - I prefer that my personal finances be boring and uneventful. No living of the edge for us, when it comes to personal finance.

Three Ways We Maximized Our Retirement Savings - Here some great steps we took to maximize our retirement savings.


2009

Reduce Spending without Sacrificing Lifestyle #4 - Be Choiceful on Options - We choose only the options we need when making a purchase.

Renaissance Man - After retiring, I took a number of courses to broaden my knowledge.

Now Another Reason to Owe Taxes Instead of Getting a Refund - I don't need an I.O.U from a bankrupt state government.


2010

Contracts - Read and Understand before Signing - I am a big believer that I should read and understand every document before signing, especially when related to financial matters. I never assume that signing is just a formality.

Our Approach to Buying a House - Our conservative approach has enabled us to pay a reasonable price, get some appreciation, and not lose too much during the housing crash.


To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, tax, career, investing, retirement or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: