Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life Didn't Get Easier

"It's always something." ~ Rosanne Rosannadana

When I was young, I couldn't wait to get older. I always thought that life would get easier as I aged. First, I couldn't wait to go to school. Then I couldn't wait to graduate from college. Then, I couldn't wait until I started working. Then, I couldn't wait until I was promoted. Finally, I couldn't wait until I retired. At each stage, I expected life to get easier.

However, life didn't get easier. The world changed and became more complex, uncertain, and ambiguous. What worked in the past wouldn't necessarily work in the future. The world became more competitive. I expect I'll be continually challenged the rest of my life.

It's a change in mindset from my youth. It is a lesson I hope to pass on to our daughter.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: