Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #38

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

A Capital Gains Tax Break For Retirees  - I like a 0% tax rate:-)

Our Brains Make Change Hard - Perhaps we are wired to be the way we are.

I Won't Follow This Advice #1 - There are some ideas I won't follow.

Making Bonds Part Of My Portfolio - It's tough to find good bond investments now with the interest rates so low.


2008

Compost and Mulch At A Big Discount    -  $25 versus $300.

Advertising Mind Tricks   - Here are some of the mind tricks that cause me to think past the advertising before buying.


2009

Outsmarted by a Four-Year Old  - My daughter has become quite the negotiator.


2010

Understand the Rules First Before Bending Them    - One should understand the principles of basic financial concepts before venturing into more complex financial products.
A "None of the Above" Option is Needed  - What our election system needs is a "none of the above" voting option.  That way we give the political parties and their candidates a reality check since I believe "none of the above" would be a winner in many races :-) .

To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement, parenting, political or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: