Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #39

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007 

Retirement Planning By Age   - Retirement planning and saving does different by age group and also depends how much has been done at earlier ages.

The New Work-Life Balance - Think Choices  - To me, the term work-life balance is an oxymoron, a non sequitur, and a misnomer.

Real Estate Decline? - Reduce One's Property Tax  - A silver lining, although a small one.

Retirement Planning - Focus On SPENDABLE Net Worth  - If I can't spend it, it's not worth much :-)

Lessons From My Daughter - Have Fun  -  I like learning from kids.


2008

Properly Assessing Risk    -  A common error is that estimates of the future are often grounded in the present.

Avoiding Annual Membership Overload   - We're down to zero annual memberships.


2009

On Surviving Early Retirement during the Financial Crisis   - We survived, although I did do some part time work to reduce our withdrawal rate.


2010

None


To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement, parenting, or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: