Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #41

It's been over four years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

A Retirement Strategy - Die Broke  - I learned about selling our house and buying an annuity from this book.

The New Entrepreneurship - I read this article by Penelope Trunk when I was still working.  She was right about having control over my work and a flexible lifestyle making me happier.  For reference, my approach is to work part time jobs that have very flexible hours.

Risk Allocation In A Wealth Portfolio - I'm still working on reducing my aspirational portion :-)

Having Children When One Is Older - I'm still happy that we had a child when we were older.
 
2008

Twelve "Best Ever" Financial Tips From MSN Money     -  I thought these were great tips.

Consider More Than One Scenario When Making A Decision   -  Unless, of course, one is always right:-)
Financial Readiness For Early Retirement   - Here are some of the elements that we considered when deciding about early retirement.


2009

Saying Bye Bye to our Mortgage    - Here's why we paid off our mortgage.

Investing for the Next Bull Market   - Some good tips on putting money back into the stock market.

We've Achieved Zero Debt - Paying off our mortgage made us debt free.


2010

Life Extending Habits  - Here how changes in these four areas can reduce the risk of death.


To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement, parenting, or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: