Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #50

It's been almost five years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010.


2007

Am I a Personal Finance Junkie?    - Here are five signs I may be one.

Why I Don't Buy Recommended Stocks From Articles   - I usually lose money,

Five Ways To Lose Money From Investing    - I try to avoid these five actions.


2008

Reflecting on One of My Favorite Sayings      -   Here are some "too good to be true" examples.


2009

Wasted Money    -  Late fees, fines and penalties.

Rediscovering my Early Interests     -  Retiring allowed me to enjoy these activities again.

Close Calls with Death  - Only five lives left :-)

2010

Eliminate Recurring Expenses to Save Money     -  For us, a good approach to reducing expenses has been to focus on costs that occur on a monthly basis.

Retirement Finances - What worked and what did not   -  Three things worked and two didn't.


 To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement, parenting, tax, investing, career or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC
  -  I usually don't make money.

No comments: