Saturday, August 13, 2011

Playing to Win

In sports, I generally played for the enjoyment.   I played hard in both practice in games.   I played my position well.  However, I also played to win.  Fortunately, I was lucky to play for coaches who played to win and knew how to win.  As a result, I played on several championship teams, including a state championship football team.
 
Nowadays, I play sports primarily for exercise. Today, I was watching a professional sports tournament.  All the participants were all playing to win.   I realized one thing I missed in retirement is the excitement of winning a championship: the thrill of victory. 
 
So I'm going to start challenging myself again by playing to win.  First in sports and then I'll see what's next :-)
 
For more on  Reflections and Musings, check back every Saturday for a new segment.
This is not financial, health or retirement advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: