Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Timeless Articles from the Archives #52

It's been almost five years since I started My Wealth Builder. As I think about topics to write , I often remember, "I've written about that before," and decide to find a new topic. However, since many principles of personal finance are timeless, I want to include them in a recent post on My Wealth Builder. Therefore, I have started a series called "Timeless Articles from the Archives" which highlights posts from the same week in 2007-2010. 

This will be the final edition for now since I have covered all the articles written in the first four years.


2007

Die Broke - Mercantile Ethic - A job should be just a job :-)


 2008 

Wealth Creation and Accumulation    -   My thoughts on how it happens.

A 60/40 Approach to Budgeting Money  - Live on 60% and save 40%.



2009

Was Early Retirement a Good (or Bad) Idea?  -  While challenging, I still think early retirement was a good idea. 

Why this Recession will be Different       -  Looks like this was a correct call.


2010

Selling our Bonds    -  We still keep most of our bonds in tax advantaged accounts.  However, we did sell most of our stock holdings in June 2011 due to expecting a stock market decline.


To me, the content of these posts are still relevant today and worth reading again.

For more on The Practice of Personal Finance, check back every Wednesday for a new segment.

This is not financial, retirement, parenting, tax, investing, career or saving advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: