Sunday, December 18, 2011

Getting a New Wallet

I am one of those guys that uses a wallet way too long.  I've been using the same one for at least 5 years and maybe as long at 10 years. I just wait too long before changing out my wallet. An old wallet is confortable to me and if it isn't broken, I keep using it. By the time I make a change, the wallet is all bent out of shaped from being stuffed with various receipts and business cards. 

It's not that I don't have a new wallet ready to use.  When I was working in Asia, I took the opportunity to purchase several replacement wallets in Korea, where leather goods are priced relatively low.    I have at least seven new wallets.     So I should be changing wallets very 4 years based on a typical life expectancy: -)

So today, I cleaned out my wallet, moved over the frequently used items (credit and membership cards) and transferred the cash.  I will keep the secondary items in the old wallet, allowing me to have a more compact wallet for everyday use.

For more on  New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2011 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: