Thursday, February 16, 2012

Working with College Students

In my 2011 temporary full time job, I did  a significant amount of work with college student volunteers with majors that qualified them for my professional field.  I was very impressed with the quality of ideas and work of the students.  I was also very impressed with the commitment to the work needed by our non-profit. 

In addition, I enjoyed having career conversations, offering my perspective on being successful and helping them prepare for upcoming job interviews. It brought back memories of my youthful experiences over 30 years ago.  If I only knew then what I know now :-)  Hopefully, my conversations were able to transfer some of the wisdom from my experiences to them.
 
For more on  Crossing Generations, check back every Thursday for a new segment.
This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: