Sunday, August 26, 2012

Looking for Income Producing Stocks

After reviewing our Q2 2012 financial status, I've decided to evaluate a strategy of using regular income dividend paying stocks, instead of income from capital gains, to cover our retirement expenses.  In the past, I would have considered CDs or money market funds which paid about 5%.  However, with the Fed keeping interest rate I am getting almost 0% on our cash and slightly more on short term CDs. 

For now,  I still think the market has more downside than upside potential.  So I am mainly developing a list of dividend paying stock to consider once the market experiences a correction.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial or investment advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: