Sunday, September 16, 2012

Healthy Eating Becoming a Habit

Since my last blood test showed little improvement in my cholesterol, I've modified my diet significantly since early August 2012.    As I summarized in my recent 2008 resolution update , I'm eating at least 5 servings of fruit and vegetables per day.    In addition, I've cut down my servings of meat to less than 1 serving per day and for bread, less than 2 servings per day.  Finally, I've been taking Metamucil three times a day.

Eating more fruit and vegetables and less meat and bread has become a habit.   Yesterday, we were at a local amusement park and I chose the salad over pizza.   Also, I've been carrying coupons for a free large burger from a couple major fast food chains for a few months.  Finally, I've avoided buying any meat when shopping for groceries.

My secret to staying on my diet:  1) making great salads; and 2) being strict on weekdays and lax on weekends.

So far, I feel better and have lost additional weight.  Now if only my cholesterol comes down too, it will be worth it :-)   I'll find out in another month.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial or health advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2012 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: