Sunday, February 17, 2013

Buying Gold ETF and Gold Mining Stocks

Last week, physical gold and gold miners took a signficant hit, declining 2-3%.  Gold fell to near $1600/oz. down from near $1900/oz. in mid 2011.  My spouse and I have been adding a small amount of gold to our portfolio through ETFs.   In addition, I've started making small purchases of some gold miners, whose stock price are near 52 week lows.   Some of the gold mining stock have 2-3% dividends.

I'm making these purchases primarily as a hedge against higher inflation, which I consider very likely due to the U.S. debt and Fed QE policies.  So while prices of the gold ETFs and gold mining stocks are declining, I'm able to purchase the hedge at a lower price.

For more on  New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: