Monday, April 01, 2013

Obama Wins Nobel Prize in Economics

Early this morning, the White House received a call from Sweden informing it that President Barack Obama had won the Nobel Prize in Economics.   Specifically, Mr. Obama is awarded the Nobel Prize in Economics for "guiding the United States economy out of the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression.  Through monetary stimulus and monetary policy, Mr. Obama was able to reverse the economic freefall and return the United States on a path to its pre-recession state. 

In this morning's White House press conference, Mr. Obama shared the Nobel committee announcement, "As I said in a 60 Minutes interview, 'I would put our legislative and foreign policy accomplishments in our first two years against any president -- with the possible exceptions of Johnson, FDR, and Lincoln -- just in terms of what we've gotten done in modern history.'   Now I can say, I would put my accomplishments against any president.   After all, which other president has won two Nobel prizes?

"Now that the economy is well on the way to recovery, I'm focusing my efforts on the next Nobel Prize, in Physics.   Although we made some mistakes with the investment in Solyndra,  I believe I have discovered a physics breakthrough that will make solar energy cheap and plentiful.    But the answer won't be ready until 2015, after the mid term elections."

"My Presidency will be unsurpassed once I win a third Nobel Prize, which has never been done by an individual before."

After a round of applause, Mr. Obama ended the conference and left to play his annual April 1 round of golf.

For more on April Fool's posts, check back every April 1 for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: