Monday, April 22, 2013

Strategies for Positions in my Company Stock

My company stock has advanced about 15% since the last earnings announcement.   The company will announce Q1 2013 results this week.  I'm prepared for a potential run up this week, and making a small hedge against a decline after the earnings announcement.

Here are the actions I have taken:
  • Placed limit exercise orders for stock options.   I have placed several limit exercise orders just 2-8% above the current price.  That way, I will sell of a portion of my remaining 2014 stock options if the stock price advances significantly.
  • Sold out of the money covered calls.  I have sold two covered calls at strike price above the current price.  If the stock advances significantly, I will receive a higher price for my shares.  If the stock declines, I will keep the premium for selling the options.
  • If the stock advances over 12%, I will consider purchasing LEAP put options to protect against a significant decline.   If the stock falls after earnings, I will leave the limit exercise orders for the stock options in place and wait until the end of Q3 2013 before modifying them.

    For more on Strategies and Plans Ideas, check back every Monday  for a new segment.

    This is not financial or investing advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

    Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

    1 comment:

    Shawn James said...

    That is good Strategies and Plans Ideas, definitely I will check next Monday for update and new Strategies and Plans Ideas that’s useful for me. I am impressed with “Placed limit exercise orders for stock options”.