Sunday, August 04, 2013

Shared Eating Challenge

Our daughter and I share one similar health challenge:  eating enough food to gain weight.   Our daughter is in the 5 percentile for weight and height.  She has always been a selective health eater and she gets full fast.  I am also a very healthy eater now that I'm on the Esselstyn diet, which is a plant based, low fat diet.  I find that I need to eat a lot and often to maintain or increase my weight.

For my daughter, we are trying to get her to a little more meat, which is a calorie dense food.  For me, I'm trying to eat more grain based foods, which is also more calorie dense.   However, I have to be cautious and continue eat enough vegetables and fruit, since it's easy to over indulges on breads and cracker.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2013 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: