Sunday, January 10, 2016

Lions, Tiger and Bears...Oh my!

 Last week's stock market results, as well as the decline of many cyclical stocks over the past year, appear to be foretelling a dramatic end to the latest bull market.   In addition, North Korea has allegedly detonated a hydrogen bomb, Saudi Arabia and Iran will likely compete on oil production, and George Soros observed the economic environment seems eerily like 2008.

All that's needed is an end-of-the-world-prophet to proclaim the apocalypse will happen in 2016.

Seriously, I don't doubt the likelihood of another bear market occurring in the near future.  In fact, I think the potential is high for a steep market decline to continue next week.  I've been bracing myself for a significant fall in the market for a couple years now.   So even though a market crash will be painful, it will be a little less so since I've been expecting it.

This week, I will continue to buy small positions in a total market ETF and a few 3%+ dividend paying stocks.   But given the increased negative market sentiment, I will be further lowering the target purchase price points for these ETFs and stocks.

For more on New Beginnings, check back every Sunday for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2016 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: