Friday, April 01, 2016

Retirement and Political Involvement

Due to connections from a Princeton classmate, I've received an interesting offer to work on the Trump presidential campaign and, perhaps, even take an appointed position should he be elected.  It was an interesting offer that was worth considering.

On the upside, I would be able to make connections with some high powered financial people.  I would also get introduced to some very high level politicians.  Both of which would be helpful for my own financial goals.

On the downside, I would be despised forever by my spouse's family who are all liberal, hard core democrats, and union members.   It would also be the antithesis Princeton as exemplified by alumnae Sonia Sotomayer and Elena Kagan, who are U.S. Supreme Court justices.

After given the matter some thought, I decided it would be something interesting to do after being retired for a little over 8 years.  It would be a fun last hurrah.

So this morning I told my daughter that I was taking  position with the Trump campaign and traveling to Idaho.  In addition, I said we would need to move to Washington D.C. this fall if Trump won.  Needless to say, my daughter was not excited about moving.

Fortunately, for her, today was April 1, and I got to say "gotcha!"

For more on Reaping the Rewards, check back every Friday for a new segment.

This is not financial or political advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2016 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: