Thursday, January 26, 2017

Lost the Battle of Batteries

Before we had kids, I was very frugal with batteries.   I only used batteries as necessary and often used rechargeable batteries to keep costs down.  My sister-in-law warned me that would change with our first child.   But I was still able to maintain some semblance of battery frugality.

However, with our second child, I've lost all control.   Everything needs batteries nowadays.  We probably go through a hundred different batteries a year...for toys, flashlights, games and various appliances. So I've given up.

I now just buy batteries in bulk from Costco when they are on sale about three times a year.

For more on  Crossing Generations, check back Thursdays for a new segment.

This is not financial advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

1 comment:

Brent said...

I hear that! I have two kids and I feel like I'm replacing batteries in something once a day. My kids have deemed my desk "the battery hospital." I'm on the fence whether I should have gone with all rechargeable batteries from the second the first toy appeared but I don't know if I would have ever have made up the up front cost of so many Enloop batteries compared to buying disposable batteries from Costco in bulk.