Thursday, January 12, 2017

What to Be When Grown Up

When I was a child, it was pretty easy to decide a path to a job in adulthood.

For me, it was going to college and then graduate school for a specific profession, in my case, medical doctor. This was the self-employed profession option. Or work for a large corporation from which I could retire.  This was the employee option.

I eventually chose the employee option, after majoring in Chemical Engineering in college.

Nowadays, I think it much harder for kids to choose a future career .

The landscape of jobs in the future is a fast evolving one.   Who knows if the job will even exist in 10-15 years from now when my kids graduate from college.  And who knows what new jobs will be created that don't exist today. My daughter has no idea what she wants to be when she grows up.

Maybe the new path is to own your future by creating you own job/business.

For more on Crossing Generations, check back Thursdays for a new segment.

This is not financial or career advice. Please consult a professional advisor.

Copyright © 2017 Achievement Catalyst, LLC

No comments: